HOW TO ROOT XPERIA TIPO(also Dual)Bi4ry, a Recognized Developer on XDA have made a script which is able to root any ICS/JB phone but we are only talking about Xperia Tipo i.e. Tapioca..
On the Original Thread, only the link of Version-18 is present and it do not works with Tipo. There is only one version i.e. 13 which works perfectly with Tipo.
STEP-1:ON Your Device Make Sure That you Have Done The Following:
- Go to Settings > Developer Options
- Check USB debugging
- Now go to settings > security
- Check unknow source
- Download and install PC companion / Xperia Tipo driver
- Extract the zip using WinRar or 7zip
- Double click the RunMe.bat (Make sure you have connected the device to the PC)
- Select Normal Mode and it will then root your device..
- It will then ask you to Restore, So Select restore Option in your device and then the device will reboot...
- Congrats you have ROOTED Your Phone Successfully..
- You Can Also Try This Method to Root Tipo:
- Download Unlock Root Pro From here
- Follow the instructions and you will root your Device...
You Can Find FTF File For Xperia Tipo Here
HOW TO UNLOCK BOOT LOADER ON XPERIA TIPO?
ENJOY AND NOW YOU CAN FLASH ANY boot.img or ROM on your mobile..
- First, you should confirm that it is possible to unlock the boot loader of your phone by checking the service menu. In your phone, open the dialler and enter *#*#7378423#*#* to access the service menu.
- In your phone, tap Service info > Configuration > Rooting Status. If Bootloader unlock allowed says Yes, then you can continue with the next step. If it says No, or if the status is missing, your device cannot be unlocked.
- GO Here and click Yes, I am Sure.
- Read through and accept the legal terms. Click I Accept.
- Enter your name, a valid email adress and the first 14 digits of your phone’s IMEI or MEID number (remove the last digit if necessary). Click Submit. You can view the IMEI or MEID number by entering *#06# on your phone.
- The unlock boot boot loader key will be sent to your email. Save it for later use.
- Download and install the latest Android SDK from developer.android.com.
- Download and unzip this file. This is the standard android_winusb.inf-file, with a few lines of code added to enable Fastboot to support Sony and Sony Ericsson devices. Make sure you are running Google USB Driver package revision 4 or higher in your Android SDK. You can see current Google USB Driver package revision in the SDK Manager.
- Place the unzipped file in the usb_driver folder, located in the Android SDK > extras > google folder on your computer. Accept to replace the old android_winusb.inf-file with the new file. If you can't find the usb_driver folder, please install the Google USB Driver Packager using the Android SDK manager.
- Turn off your phone.
- On your phone, push and hold the Volume up(+) button at the same time as you connect the phone to the computer with a USB-cable.
- On your computer, you will be asked for drivers. Point to the usb_driver folder where you placed the android_winusb.inf-file, and select the Android Boot loader Interface-file.
- Go to the tools folder within the Android SDK folder and Open a command window(press shift button and right click on the window and select Open Command Window here).
- Enter fastboot.exe -i 0x0fce getvar version, and verify that you get a response back (for example "0.3"). This means your phone is connected properly.
- Warning! If you perform this step, you will unlock the boot loader. This may void your warranty and/or any warranty from your operator. If you still want to unlock the boot loader of your phone, enter fastboot.exe -i 0x0fce oem unlock 0xKEY, where KEY is the unlock boot loader key you got in the beginning of this instruction. The boot loader should now be successfully unlocked.